Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Marlin XS7/XL7 pics

248K views 405 replies 153 participants last post by  GJinNY 
#1 ·
I like reading all the posts about the X series rifle from Marlin, all I need now is to see pics! I started this so everyone can post pictures of their X series rifles!

#13 ·
backwoodzboy said:
I like to see how people configure their rifles. Scope used, ring and base preference, and stocks. The carbine, looks very practical for deer hunting. How is the noise and concussion compared to the way it was stock?
I don't know about the noise difference. I had it cut before I ever got it out of the shop. It's no worse than my XL-7 30-06. It wears a 3-9x40 Pro-Hunter and loves 130 speer HPs and 150 Hornady SP.

#15 ·
Beautiful rifle alleydude, almost too pretty for myself to take out. I have a 870 Wingmaster with beautiful wood and though it is loaded, it's only for home defense and other than that, doesn't move. I figured 4 rounds of 00 Buck and 6 rounds of .357 Mag hollow points laying in a S&W Model 19 should hold off someone until I reach the ammunition cabinet. Nice lead slinger

#16 ·
Thanks! I took mine out last year (never saw anything to shoot at), and will try again this year. I love the looks of it, but it shoots too dang good to leave it at home.

Note: Had to modify my post because the defaults tried to stretch and squish my original picture... :mad: