Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Marlin home page has been updated and now has a link to the 2011 Marlin Catalog in digital format. The guns and new models look great - will be interesting to see what (quality) actually shows up at the dealers. . . Wishfull hoping that they turn things around in the QC department.

http://www.thedigitaleditiononline.com/publication/?i=56797

GB45

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, they look great on paper. I especially like the new 16 1/4 inch 1984 SBL models. Very nice looking and I bet they will sell a ton of them if the Quality Control is where it should be.

As far as I am concerned this will be the make or break year for Marlin. There are many of us willing to cut Remington some slack in QC for the changeover. But the junky guns coming out of the factory has to stop. I notice they are featuring the 1895 SBL prominently in the catalog. This suggests to me that they recognize the great pent up demand for the gun and will be making a ton on them. When I last checked with my local dealer they had 17 already sold with deposits. I was hot to get one myself, but after seeing the problems with some of the other models I am holding off until I get one in my hands.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
336C is still listed with the 35 Rem, didn't see the 450 listed. DP

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
The 2012 catalog lists the Mountie! Okay, I might be dreaming... ::)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Maybe I have just not seen the news, but has anyone noticed that the x7vh is going to have a Walnut stock?!? There goes my hope of a military style sniper, but man oh man, a 26" bull barrel with a walnut stock is sure going to be pretty!

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
gradninja said:
Maybe I have just not seen the news, but has anyone noticed that the x7vh is going to have a Walnut stock?!? There goes my hope of a military style sniper, but man oh man, a 26" bull barrel with a walnut stock is sure going to be pretty!
It's got to be a typo. The picture shows an X7VH with what is clearly a synthetic stock. A walnut stock would be nice, though...

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Flat Top said:
.........Hmmm, no 450....too bad. I think that was a great cartridge...lots of potential.
I don't know if they will continue to offer the 450 this year or ever again but I am damn sure glad I bought one last weekend. This model may be discontinued however it will stay in my collection forever.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I did think of one positive thing Remington could do AFTER getting the quality back...how about a yearly "336 Classic" ...a special config of rifle in a special discontinued caliber....my vote is for a SPBL in 356Win or a 26" half octagon in 375 or 38-55

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
1895 Gunner; I was thinking (dreaming) that when I completed my Safari Grade 444 project, that I could use everything I developed there to work with the 450.........I think that the ballistcs of the old 425 Westley Richards (410 grain bullet at 2350 fps, for 5000+ ft lbs) could be obtained from the 450 with my modifications. I know that the 450 case is modern and strong, and that the barrel threads for that chambering are the strongest of any Marlin made. I have no doubt that the "potential" is there...just need to give it a try.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
1895Gunner; Thanks! I am hoping to finish up the first stage of the testing (velocity/pressure) of the Safari Grade 444 this weekend. I would have had this done a long time ago, but, we have been fighting a rugged winter! If all works out, I should have a posting on the 444 Forum by Sunday evening. After the velocity/pressure parameter is reached, then its just a matter of working up some good, accurate, 405 grain bullet loads. I have just started working with the 300 grain bullet as well, and that work will continue on through the spring and summer months as time permits.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another MO member said that the 2011 was still a work in progress.
the .450 might still make it in!!

Sure am glad I have one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts