Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct place for this but here goes.
If I want to make a pistol grip version into a straight grip can I change out the trigger guard plate and associated parts? I'll also change wood ect. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do you want to trade a straight for a pistol or just want info.I have a pistol grip setup that I would be willing to trade for straight.Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think there is more to it than that. There is a thread somewhere about it. And I think it will be more trouble than it's worth.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
It' A straight parts swap. Finding the straight trigger plate will be the hard part.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Smithgar said:
Not sure if this is the correct place for this but here goes.
If I want to make a pistol grip version into a straight grip can I change out the trigger guard plate and associated parts? I'll also change wood ect. Any help will be appreciated.

Yep, it's just a swap of the trigger guard plate, lever and butt stock.

Or.......You can modify the pistol grip parts into straight grip parts if you have the skills. The PG trigger guard can be milled
(or ground, I like to mill the excess material off since it's more professional looking IMO) into a straight trigger guard, straighten the lever
and modify the butt stock into a straight grip.

Like Gater said the SG trigger guard plate is the hardest part to find, but Numrich just had some on their site for sale......they have them periodically for sale so you have to check frequently.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just completed this type of swap. I bought a straight butt stock on ebay. Mounted it up and scribed a line where the trigger plate needed to be cut. I removed the majority of material with a hack saw and used a milling m,achine to mill down to the scribe line. But you could easily accomplish with a file...Easy as toast!

I found a srtraight lever on ebay that should be here any day now..............

You can see more here:

http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/marlin-336-from-round-to-octagon-and-more.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did the swap, only cost..............

......only cost $1,096.00

I bought a 336SS and wanted to have a big brother to the 1894CSS. So after reading some of the posts here, I found a 1895GS and swapped the butt stock, lever and trigger plate. Piece of cake. No curse words and only one buggered screw. I'm pleased. Now, what do I do with all of the left over parts. Hmmm, maybe I can make a 1895GS, with a pistol grip! ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. I'm just in the thinking stage at the moment. I wonder if you could get the parts straight from Marlin ?

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Marlin would not sell you A trigger plate. Not sure about Remlin.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Marlin calles the trigger plate part a "Gunsmith Only" part. One would have to order it for you. I think Brownells or Numrich has them too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts