Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a chance to pick up a marlin Texan a few towns over. it's in .35 Remington. Ser# starts with an "R" is this a 1957 rifle? would this gun have Ballard rifling? seller wants $400 for it. I have been told it's in great shape- from the pictures it looks nice. any info on this gun would be a big help. thanks to all.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Buy it now or tell me where it is.

·
Super Moderator
25,169 Posts
That rifle was made between 1957-1958. It should have Micro-groove--I think the MG rifling began in 1955 or 1956. That is still one heck of a find for 400 bucks. They are going for twice that on GB--35 Rem Texans are hard to find.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
would this be the one on Armslist?

·
Registered
176 Posts
That rifle was made between 1957-1958. It should have Micro-groove--I think the MG rifling began in 1955 or 1956. That is still one heck of a find for 400 bucks. They are going for twice that on GB--35 Rem Texans are hard to find.
As above Ret_Eng is correct. I have a "P" (1957, My DOB) which I bought from a fellow member here with XS Ghost Ring sights for $480. It was a great buy.
Stop Now, Do Not Pass Go! and buy the rifle pending condition. They don't make any more "R"s or "P"s. It will only go up in value.

G. Mac

·
Registered
661 Posts
A few towns over you say. Just what towns would they be? Aww just go buy it.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
If as nice as you think, that would be a good price. I've seen them go from that timeframe for much more than that myself.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I surely wish mine was a Texan. Do it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts