Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quick restock questions:

1) Is this buttstock going to be offered again?
2) Is your MLOK handguard going to be offered again?

Just got in a place where I can set up my Marlin and now both are gone!
I believe the current shortage is due to the virus quarantine, and once supply chains start back up again these items should be coming back into stock.

I would expect Adam will put out an announcement as soon as he is able answer these questions. I know quite a few people are waiting for the next supply of stocks and forearms.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Good question two80rem, hope they aren’t being discontinued. Strange, synthetic stocks are not a common item for Marlins, one of the most popular rifles in America. Anytime an old synthetic stock appears on eBay, it’s gone in a day and for a crazy high price. Supply low and demand high equals $$$! Why aren’t other companies not jumping on this? RPP obviously cannot keep production up at a premium price. Think, if someone made a plain synthetic stock at a lower price point what the sales would be. RPP stock set leans towards the “tactical” side and thus appeals to a certain market. Just my random thought. I do hope RPP starts up again, I have a project that i would like to use their stock set on. Will be keeping an eye on them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
@dads35, if you think about it, it’s not really all that strange synthetic stocks are not more popular for Marlins. If you’ve read any number of threads here at MO, you can clearly see most people prefer a good walnut stock and blued metal for their beloved lever guns. So the reality is that it is a much smaller market for such items compared to bolt action rifles. The other thing to consider is way lever guns are manufactured, due to the complexity of the parts and the tolerances of those parts, virtually all lever guns have received some sort hand fitting. This makes a universal fit aftermarket product, like the synthetic stocks, difficult to bring to market.
All that being said, I do think there is enough interest in synthetic stocks that some competition for the RPP would not be a bad thing. However, Adam has some of the most ingenious designs and a good business sense to make his products stand out from others.
As for my preferences, I like the utilitarian function that the RPP stocks offer, though when I am finally able to get a set for myself, I will likely be looking to either paint or hydro dip them to a different color; maybe something along the lines of a wood grain pattern.

And for certain, I hope they are not discontinued.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I think Adam announced that the butt stock has been discontinued as he could not come to terms with the prices his supplier was asking. It may be brought back at a later date. The forearm will continue to be produced.
This was the last I heard, please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all I had correspondence with RPP very recently who stated that the company who manufactures the synthetic buttstock went out of business......this sux as I was in the process of getting one shipped to Australia to fit on my 336W. If anyone knows of someone who wants to sell one or equivalent ram line stock can you please let know.....cheers

21 - 26 of 26 Posts