Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing thru the gun store today and came across this rifle. It is a sako bolt action, the barrel is Marlin Firearms Co, microgroove barrel, clip fed even has the bullseye on the stock, cal.222Rem. I wish I could remember the model #. It has a heavy barrel( not really a bull barrel but much more than a sporter weight barrel) The gun is in excellent shape and the price is 500.00. Does anyone know anything, mfg date, quantity produced, and is it worth what there asking? Thank you for any info.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
It was either the model 322, or the 422. Both used the Sako action, and both were chambered for the .222 cartridge. If it's the 322, it nwas made from 1954-56, but if it's the 422 it was made from 1956-58
Both are of equal value, though the 422 is a bit better gun, as it did not use the Micro-Groove rifling, which was a problem in the 322 with the little .222 caliber.
I'd say the price is high, unless the gun is in like new condition.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marlinman93
Thanks for the info. I have since found out this rifle came with a peep sight also when new, and it is missing from this one. I really want a 222 but I'm going to pass on this one. Again thanks for the info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
marlin 322

This gun is selling for $600.00 and up.The rear peep sight will cost you around $75.00-$100.00 when you find it.I think this is a very good deal.There's one on gun broker with a leopold scope on it for $1100.00 or so.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Want to make any wagers as to whether that gun gets any bids? I'm betting it closes without a bid on it.
These 322 and 422 Marlins sell for $450-$500 in my area, if they're original, and in 90%+ condition. Anything less is greatly reduced. I have seen several go for around $275-$325, in just average condition, say 60-75% finish, some missing the rear sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts