Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a JM Marlin Revolver. Will likely never fire it, as ammo is not available in the normal channels anymore. cause it is chambered in 32 rimfire. I kinda wanted one in 38 Centerfire or .22 but this one was pretty cheap, just to have an example of one. May find the other two calibers eventually.

Not pristine condition for sure. But you do not get much for 185.00 these days either. But I wanted a early example of a JM Marlin just to own one. It is my oldest Marlin for sure.

And of course nickel rarely stays on a 150 year old anything,

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think most people never think of Revolvers when they think of Marlin. I did have one years ago, but like dummy I sold it. I think they even made a neat little single shot derringer type too.

·
Super Moderator
11,788 Posts
Wow that is cool. I have a soft spot for old wheel guns.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Thats really cool. A nice find! I passed on one last year at a pawn shop. really poor condition, and way too much money to justify it for a wall hanger. but Im always hopeful i come across one one day.

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
I’ve had several of the Marlin derringers but only one decent revolver. Was same as OPs but like mint condition with Mother of Pearl grips. It was 32 also, if had been a 22 I would still have it. I also had a cast iron advertisement toy marked OK derringer. It was two piece. Hammer / trigger one piece riveted to main piece. Whole thing was only about 2” long.

·
Registered
831 Posts
.32RF is out there. Go to rgtammo.com, and you can usually find a box at the larger gun shows.
Don't know that I would fire that old warrior though, more enjoy what it represents in the history of American firearms.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I really do not care if I ever shoot. As I said above I just wanted a example for my Collection as it is early Marlin History. If I found a round or two. I would likely fire a couple through it though. Clean it up and look at from then on.Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No I really do not care if I ever shoot. As I said above I just wanted a example for my Collection as it is early Marlin History. If I found a round or two. I would likely fire a couple through it though. Clean it up and look at from then on.Thanks.
I get the idea that you might never shoot it. Probably the wisest move. It would be nice to be able to display it with at least some ammunition and one off or a couple of rounds can be had. Usually for a pretty expensive cost. But if your not going to shoot it that cost can be spread over a long time. That being said, I prefer to shoot mine though I currently don't have a 32 rimfire. Dixie Gun Works does sell a conversion case that allow you to shoot round ball using a blank from a nail gun as the primer. The brass is reusable. The primer alone might be enough to send the projectile. But it could be loaded with black powder. It takes a lot to determine if a firearm that old can safely be shot. But if you ever change your mind and want to make it go 'Pop' here is the website:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts