Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sent mine in for repair on june 10th, new gun, several problems, you know "MR" serial no.
checked email today, says gun repaired, and shipped. hope its right and they got their
act together. will let everyone know. ::)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I think they're trying. Let us know how it looks when you get it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i got it back today. opened their cheap box, and hoping for a new gun, i got the same one.
read the repair report, this is what they did. they replaced the hammer, lever, said the stock on the rear was cracked,
so replaced it with one they could find close to the front one. they also changed the carrier, adjusted the carrier, and test fired
it. all this on a brand new gun, the wood they put on was a close match, but one side is about a 1/8" thicker, wood to metal
fit still sucks. will shoot it saturday, and see if it cycles, and ejects empties. well at least it cycles. oh yea if you have to
sent in for repairs be sure to keep all accessories, i did not get my hammer spur attachment back.

·
Registered
846 Posts
:mad: Hey admin Guys! I would like one of thoughs smiley guy things that is biting his tongue, that mite keep me from posting what I think! Dennis ;D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry to hear your news mate. Im getting mine back tomorrow apparently. Just another "Tale of Woe" regarding Marlins...... ARE YOU READING THIS REMINGTON?????

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Remington doesn't care! It's the Money!!!!!!! Can I have one of those smiley guys thats biting his tongue now? ;D Dennis

·
Registered
278 Posts
stykbow57 said:
Remington doesn't care! It's the Money!!!!!!! Can I have one of those smiley guys thats biting his tongue now? ;D Dennis
Dont bite your tongue Dennis, this stuff needs to shouted from the rooftops! "Remington is ruining the 130 year reputation of a grand American Icon"!

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
549 Posts
obe-wan said:
Dont bite your tongue Dennis, this stuff needs to shouted from the rooftops! "Remington is ruining the 130 year reputation of a grand American Icon"!

Cheers, Scott.
"Remington has ruined the 130 year reputation of a grand American Icon"!

fixed it for ya.

·
Registered
278 Posts
MOUNTAIN WILLIAM said:
"Remington has ruined the 130 year reputation of a grand American Icon"!

fixed it for ya.

;)

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi everyone, took my newly repaired guide gun to the woods after work to test its functions.
after all the replacement parts were installed, the function was not to bad, it cycles leverevolutions
pretty damm good, and ejects well. i installed XS ghost ring sights, and at 50 yrd was hitting frozen
water bottles. i was ready to get rid of this gun if it continued to have problems, but i think its a keeper
for now. remington should not of ever sent this out the first time, but atleast they made it work. there wood
to metal fitting still lacks quite a bit. i will fill out there survey card, and thank brad for the good work. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts