·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a copy of the email response
The response brought me great satisfaction and hope

This is the whole email
------------------------------------------------------------

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
New Marlin firearms quality *with picture proof*

Discussion Thread
Response (Danny) 03/25/2011 08:38 AM
We are currently putting new quality control measures in place to insure that the quality that is expected from Marlin Firearms can be maintained. We apologize for our growing pains along the way, but all issues are being addressed.
Customer (*insert my name here*) 03/13/2011 09:56 PM
from http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,86568.0.html

are these quality issues fixed, if not will they be

[http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/...on=dlattach;topic=86568.0;attach=37016;image>

[http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/...on=dlattach;topic=86568.0;attach=37018;image>

[http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/...on=dlattach;topic=86568.0;attach=37020;image>

[http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/...on=dlattach;topic=86568.0;attach=37022;image>

[http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/...on=dlattach;topic=86568.0;attach=37024;image>

[http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/...on=dlattach;topic=86568.0;attach=37026;image>

[http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/...on=dlattach;topic=86568.0;attach=37028;image>

from http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,86568.0.html

are these quality issues fixed, if not will they be

Question Reference #110313-000089
Product Level 1: Firearms
Date Created: 03/13/2011 09:56 PM
Last Updated: 03/25/2011 08:38 AM

------------------------------------------------------------- We hope that this information will be helpful to you. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-243-9700, M-F, 9am-5pm EST. Remington Arms Co. -- America's Oldest Gunmaker 870 Remington Drive, Madison, NC 27025 1-800-243-9700 or 1-336-548-8700--FAX: 1-336-548-7801 Visit us in Remington Country at http://www.remington.com/ REMEMBER, FIREARMS SAFETY DEPENDS ON YOU! Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, our new Safety Section is a must for everyone. http://www.remington.com/safety ------------------------------------------------------------- [---001:002802:61011---]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the response

Response (Danny) 03/25/2011 08:38 AM
We are currently putting new quality control measures in place to insure that the quality that is expected from Marlin Firearms can be maintained. We apologize for our growing pains along the way, but all issues are being addressed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well atleast it's a response from a human, unless "Danny" is a computer

·
Registered
320 Posts
VIPpass said:
Well atleast it's a response from a human, unless "Danny" is a computer
Vip,

Danny is the same person,, that told me on the Phone that Most people want Plastic Stock's,,, ;D No Joke,

Joe :)

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Plastic has no business on a firearm.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Halwg said:
Plastic has no business on a firearm.
Not on lever actions perhaps but the current trend for several years has been towards synthetics. Bolt actions, semi autos, shotguns & pistols are all very commonly stocked & made with plastics. Since Marlin is but a small piece of the FG pie it would make sense for them to say most guys want plastic I think, most guys dont want lever actions. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Leverdude said:
Not on lever actions perhaps but the current trend for several years has been towards synthetics. Bolt actions, semi autos, shotguns & pistols are all very commonly stocked & made with plastics. Since Marlin is but a small piece of the FG pie it would make sense for them to say most guys want plastic I think, most guys dont want lever actions. ;)
LeverDude,

In My Personal Opinion,, it is more of a Forced Trend,, rather than what WE want.

They only offered the 981T and 981TS 22 Bolt actions with Plastic Stocks,, so Naturally any body that bought one,, wanted a Plastic Stock Right!!!! Wrong,, because they didn't have any other option.

Now they offer the Replacements XT22TR & XT22TSR ~ You guessed it it Plastic. So Everyone wants them in Plastic Right... Wrong Again.

We just ran a poll in the RimFire Section,, and out of everyone that Voted,, only 2 wanted a Plastic Stock!!! But Most of us want Plastic Right.

I called Marlin,, Spoke to "Danny",, and Told him about the Poll,, and also told him I wanted the XT22TSR in Walnut. His Reply,, We here in Marlin Owner's are Traditionalist's,, and don't Represent the Buying Public's Trend!!!

I say That is a Bunch of Brain Washing Crap,, cause I see it over and over again,, One's wanting to buy the Only Bolt Action Tube Fed Magazine Gun that will handle S, L, & LR Still being Manufactured,, with a Walnut or at least some form of "WOOD" Stock.

If the only choice that is offered is in Plastic,, then Yes,, OverWhelming Everybody wants to Buy Plastic ~ What other Choice do they have. It's nothing more than a Forced Trend to make everybody else Figure that Plastic is Better.

I hate Plastic on Guns with a Passion,
Joe :)

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I may be a hard case but, I think plastic on a lever gun is just wrong! I can see if someone wants to have an all weather gun but, that is what laminates are for. I don't like laminate as well as walnut but it is better than plastic. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Here is the vision of the new Marlington levergun complete with plastic stocks! :eek: ;D

·
Registered
658 Posts
The whole plastic stock thing is totaly profit drive. Theres no fitting or checkering or anything involving hand work on a pastic stock. When I bought my Tikka T3 I had to special order one to get it with a laminate stock. It just feels better than a piece of plastic, plus I know that it had to be had fitted to the action. S.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Leverdude said:
And that is why I won't buy any. I have a Savage 22 Mag with the plastic stock and every time I look at it I gag. I'm probably going to either sell it or replace the stock with a wooden one. I can live with some of the pleasing looking laminated stocks, but the plastic is as ghastly as see-through mounts!

All it is is a way for the gun manufacturers to make more money. They haven't lowered the price of the guns, but now instead of putting on an expensive piece of walnut, they put on a $3.00 plastic stock and get the same price. And we. the gun buying public, have fallen for it. It's sad.

·
Premium Member
10,963 Posts
Halwg said:
And that is why I won't buy any. I have a Savage 22 Mag with the plastic stock and every time I look at it I gag. I'm probably going to either sell it or replace the stock with a wooden one. I can live with some of the pleasing looking laminated stocks, but the plastic is as ghastly as see-through mounts!

All it is is a way for the gun manufacturers to make more money. They haven't lowered the price of the guns, but now instead of putting on an expensive piece of walnut, they put on a $3.00 plastic stock and get the same price. And we. the gun buying public, have fallen for it. It's sad.

He's right!

Tom

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a couple of rifles that I removed the plastic stocks and put on a bedded Hogue stock. It is rubber overlay over fiberglass with aluminum embedding but it feels good, looks better than plastic and really improves the accuracy of the rifles. I too hate the plastic. I know that Howa is now putting the Hogue on some of their rifles.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Putting a synthetic stock on a lever action is ridiculous. It will not appeal to the lever gun market. It is a cost saving / profit boosting move and nothing more.

I jumped on the synthetic band wagon when they came out and have since gone back to wood or laminate.

Synthetic stocks have their place and specific applications when light weight and all weather ability is the number one consideration, but the truth is that the theromoplastic spork that comes on most factory rifles is pure garbage.

The real reason they are on every rifle is a business decision, based on the fact that they are cheaper to manufacture!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Click Click Boom said:
Putting a synthetic stock on a lever action is ridiculous. It will not appeal to the lever gun market. It is a cost saving / profit boosting move and nothing more.

I jumped on the synthetic band wagon when they came out and have since gone back to wood or laminate.

Synthetic stocks have their place and specific applications when light weight and all weather ability is the number one consideration, but the truth is that the theromoplastic spork that comes on most factory rifles is pure garbage.

The real reason they are on every rifle is a business decision, based on the fact that they are cheaper to manufacture!
CCB,

Well finally what you said made my So Small Of A Mind,, Finally See... :)

They put Plastic on The 22's to keep them Cheap,, so therefore,, they don't think that their Gun's are built well enough to deserve a Walnut Stock. :-\

I thought that the 981T, 981TS,, and now the XT22TR, XT22TSR were built well enough to deserve a Walnut Stock.

I was wrong though,, and I have to Face The Facts,, that is what the Manufacturer is trying to tell me.

So if the Gun's Got a Plastic Stock,, Best for me to wait until the Manufacturer decides to put a Walnut Stock on it,, telling me that it is worthy for me to spend my hard earned money on it,

I'll Just Wait For The Wood Please,
Joe :'(

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Lots of older guns out there with real wood and steel. Too many for me to bother with plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Having a gun worthy of a walnut stock is one thing but would you put a pair of plastic boots that look like leather and have rubber spurs on to go to a rodeo in Wyoming or anywhere real leather is know for what it is ? How about a plastic squirt gun that is shaped like a 1911 acp for a police backup piece ?

Somethings are just not appropriate. That is why they made the SKS's,AR's , and other EBG's. Who cares what they look like. I can only think of the SKS that they found in Sadom Hessian's palace. It had some of the rarest of woods, gems, and materials on them, probably thousands of dollars of materials for a EBG. Now that is even more outlandish.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts