Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Marlin Model 47 Pump .22 and I am trying to get it back to working condition as it was neglected for many years it seems. I have given it a thorough cleaning and lube and that has fixed the other bugs it had, but it still will not feed correctly. The issue is while you move the action to feed a round the bullet gets lodged in the receiver in the process. If you move the rifle around to get the bullet to sit correctly it will finally feed and be able to fire it. Every time you attempt to feed a round it will do this. I do not know what is causing this so any help to determine the issue would be great. If more info is needed please let me know and I will get back asap. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Is the spring in the tube? Maybe a weak magazine tube spring. Maybe the follower is binding up. I wish I could see it in person. Could maybe tell right off what is going on. Hard to answer without a first hand look..Cartridge stop screwed up or broken. Not sure how the 47 works for sure in that dept. though..

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
Pictures of the of the internals might help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, I know I wish I could be more specific with the issue I am having with the gun just not too familiar with the mechanics of rifles. I snapped a couple of photos. If there is a more specific area I should photograph let me know. Hopefully these pics help somewhat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
It is hard to tell, but it looks like the cartridge guide leaf(#13), isn't sticking out as much as my 29-N's, this is there too guide the bullet. And the spring, could be ether broken or weak. And here is a parts list, to help you out.
Auto part Revolver
Text Paper Vehicle Font Paper product
right click to enlarge, left click to save.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No actually I have not, but I have considered doing so but trying to find reasonably priced ammo has been difficult(I am sure most of you are in the same boat). As soon as I can get my hands on some I will be sure to give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
You only should be shooting standard velocity ammo in that gun.1150fps or less. Shooting rounds that are faster will eventually crack the bolt. This gun was made before they made the hotter stuff.

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
I have a Marlin Model 38 Pump 22 with the same problem. I hope someone can help us. My rifle serial number is A7210, any ideas on how to find how old this rifle is?
Welcome to Marlin Owners, FPierre, I am going to say around 1927-1928. Marlin keep no records, but I am working on a database for that rifle. If you look at the bottom of my post, there is a link
to the Marlin Model 32 and 38 thread. You will find a lot of info there, and if you still need help, let me know. It shows that I have 3, but I need to update the thread, I have 4 Model 38's now.
As of now, it looks like Marlin made about 23000 give or take of the Model 38.

P.S. And if I could get some more information, about your gun. it would be much appreciated.

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.