Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marlin "Profiled" Rear Sight Dovetail Fillers, Better than Blanks (Quick Install)

Quick installation. No filing. Machined in steel and blued. Big Bore and Sporter sizes. Fits .900” and .850” barrel diameters at the rear sight.

Available for sale on our website.

Ranger Point “profiled” 3/8 dovetail fillers are specially machined to mount flush on Marlin Firearms round rifle barrels. These already “profiled” dovetail fillers install in minutes and save you the 1-2 hours of filing necessary to fit “blanks.”

Ranger Point Marlin dovetail fillers are currently available in blued steel and come in two sizes:

• Marlin Big Bore barrel profiles such as 444, 1895, 450 (approx. .900" diameter at rear sight)

• Marlin Sporter barrel profiles such as 308, 336, 338, 1894 (approx. .850" diameter at the rear sight).

NOTE: These dovetail fillers should also closely match non-Marlin rifle barrels with a barrel diameter of .850” and .900” at the rear sight. Measure your barrel to see if these dovetail fillers will work for you.

Because the edges of our fillers are thin, they are not meant to be “drifted tightly” into place. They should be glued in with Loctite or similar chemical resistant adhesive. Minor fitting may occasionally be required.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the dovetail filler on the way from you now. Does it just press in with finger pressure? I plan on using 242 Locktite to keep it in. I understand not to tap it in with a brass punch. Am I correct in all this? By the way the cloverleaf sight I just received is really a quite nice piece of work.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the dovetail filler on the way from you now. Does it just press in with finger pressure? I plan on using 242 Locktite to keep it in. I understand not to tap it in with a brass punch. Am I correct in all this? By the way the cloverleaf sight I just received is really a quite nice piece of work.
That is correct sir. It’s a slip fit then loctite.

So glad to hear you like your CloverLeef Peep Sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed the filler this afternoon on my Marlin. It really was a breeze to install. Also thanks for the small tube of 271. It really is the small details like that that sets a company apart from the others. As soon as I can I'll get some photos of the finished rifle to post here. Thanks for your quality products.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the filler this afternoon on my Marlin. It really was a breeze to install. Also thanks for the small tube of 271. It really is the small details like that that sets a company apart from the others. As soon as I can I'll get some photos of the finished rifle to post here. Thanks for your quality products.
You bet. Enjoy! ��

·
Registered
72 Posts
Placed an order today for a dovetail filler in blued steel, loading gate in silver (I think I will like the contrast) and aluminum magazine follower. I can't wait to get it all! Pics will follow when I get it all put on.

·
Super Moderator
11,887 Posts
Placed an order today for a dovetail filler in blued steel, loading gate in silver (I think I will like the contrast) and aluminum magazine follower. I can't wait to get it all! Pics will follow when I get it all put on.
I haven't tried the follower but the other parts are superb. You will be very pleased.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just ordered the SS rifle barrel dovetail filler and a lever quick takedown screw for a new 1895 TSBL. I have made similar fillers by hand for other Marlin rifles and can't begin to tell you how much work that entailed. It's well worth the cost to buy one that is already curved and polished to fit the barrel. The quick takedown screw should make it much easier to remove the lever when I clean the barrel. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm extending the mag tube on my 1895 45/70 . Will these work in the mag tube hanger dovetail ? I'm in Australia so are these a restricted item to ship? cheers.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm extending the mag tube on my 1895 45/70 . Will these work in the mag tube hanger dovetail ? I'm in Australia so are these a restricted item to ship? cheers.
Hi Boris - The underside dovetail while a standard 3/8 has a different radius cut then the two sight dovetails. That said, a .850" filler would fit pretty well.

The issue for us and International shipping is that US Export Laws heavily regulate all firearms parts. Nothing can be shipped out without an export license and all shipments logged into the US Database that tracks all shipments. We are not a State Department issued exporter. The US is in the process of making some changes to the system which should hopefully loosen some of the restrictions and export fees. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Boris and Maineiac

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hi Boris - The underside dovetail while a standard 3/8 has a different radius cut then the two sight dovetails. That said, a .850" filler would fit pretty well.

The issue for us and International shipping is that US Export Laws heavily regulate all firearms parts. Nothing can be shipped out without an export license and all shipments logged into the US Database that tracks all shipments. We are not a State Department issued exporter. The US is in the process of making some changes to the system which should hopefully loosen some of the restrictions and export fees. Fingers crossed.
And to give the folks at home an idea of the costs involved for me to get the paperwork sorted to buy one of your levers for $140
Fee = $199 for 1st item +$99 for each additional item + 5% of cost of merchandise.
= $140 + $199 + $7 = $346.
Then we convert that to AUS $ which comes to about $470 ! Crazy!!!!

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And to give the folks at home an idea of the costs involved for me to get the paperwork sorted to buy one of your levers for $140
Fee = $199 for 1st item +$99 for each additional item + 5% of cost of merchandise.
= $140 + $199 + $7 = $346.
Then we convert that to AUS $ which comes to about $470 ! Crazy!!!!
I know right I get it. I wish parts could flow more easily across borders at least to the trusted 5 Eyes Country partners. We’re working with an export expert who is watching the updates to help us be able to offer our products more broadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boris

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's what I like to hear .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts