Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across a decent wood/blued Papoose at a local shop and was given a deal too good to pass up. It came with the red bag, wrench, all components. I remember when they were in production, I wasn’t a fan. But I don’t see many of them these days.

Looking for information on which years the Papoose was made and the production numbers.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have one with real wood and blue and red pouch. I believe you should be able to date it the same as a Model 60 and such. Just deduct the first two serial digits from 2000 and that will give the year. For example first two digits 11, would be 1989

Which just happens to be the born year of mine. I have about 130.00 in mine. I got a really good deal with it and a Marlin 99M2 in a package deal.

I believe they Marlin quick making them and Remlin started making stainless ones again in recent years. Would not trade my real Marlin one for one of those though.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Congratulations on an awesome gun! I don't know when they were made but bought a stainless JM version for $100 and had it threaded for a can. I also have a stainless Ruger 10/22 takedown but like the Marlin better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.