Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Marlin Owners Collectors Group? What do you think?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  marlin*man 
#1 ·
There is a poll on the Marlin Collectors forum that is asking if anyone that frequents the MO website would be interested in starting our own collectors group or organization. Let your vote/opinion be heard... :wink: :D

This is the link to the poll:

http://www.marlinowners.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10455

#2 ·
Hey MM,

I’m new in these parts so my opinion means very little, BUT, I’m at a loss to understand breaking away from what we have here. I’m not trying to pick a fight, I just really don’t understand. The site seem pretty, stable, civilized, and efficient to me. Just my thoughts.

Chug

#3 ·
Chug -

Read thru the post - we were discussing this over on the collectors forum. It was mentioned that the "official" Marlin collectors association seems to have gotten a wee bit stuffy, and if was mentioned that we should form our own collectors bunch here - not breaking away, but forming our own, "member friendly" club.............................

Shum8

#4 ·
It's an addition to this site in a way. It's meant to compliment MarlinOwners.com

It's not to break away from this site. It's just another means of us getting together. It's like any other collectors group, as to where we decide to pick a meeting place ( a gun show ), set up and display our Marlins.

Many people would like to get together and meet each other. It's nice to put a face with a name. Show off, brag, educate and teach others who want to know more about Marlin Firearms. Seeing some of the fine/rare Marlins (of any age) in person, with the owner beats pictures.

You can't beat this website. It's great! :D

#6 ·
www.marlin-collectors.com is MFCA. Marlin Firearms Collectors Association It's not affiliated with this website and you can tell by how dry it can be there. There's no joking around like here. I visit both websites frequently, but tend to hang out here more, since there are more friendly conversations and as much technical information as MFCA's website.

After you've been visiting the two websites for awhile, you'll understand better what I am mentioning.

There are some great people on MFCA's website as well as their members (me being one of the members, not necessarily great), which are very knowledgable and have access to some information that is exclusive to their association. So don't rule them out completely. It's just that the MO folks are warmer to joking around and carrying on conversations that might not necessarily be about Marlins.

#7 ·
Okay MM,

One more dumb question; when I go to the Index on THIS site it list "collectors", as well as others, "big Bore, 336s, etc". Is that not part of this same group.

I understand about an Association to get together and do show and tell and social events, and I now understand this site has nothing to do with MFCA, so you aren’t talking of getting away from the collectors segment of this site, just forming a new association?

I’ll get it all straight eventually (I think).

Chug

#11 ·
Its not about leaving this as it will be in Collectors Thread on this site.. . Its about the information,, learning, and sharing in a much relaxed mood than the Official Marlin Collectors Association does.. .. No one is putting them down they have a great site and learned people for sure.. But some like some humor thrown in and thats out of place over there..

Bottom line .. we have Collectors here and the atmosphere is somewhat more appealing so they just want to know if a group would like to have some sort of Association .. It will be open to all for sure.. not just Collectors..

So just say yes to it , or I will open up a 55 gal drum of whoop-ass on ya.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.