Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site and discovered I must have joined up sometime in the past. It's hell getting old!!

Reading many of the posts I realize how fortunate I've been with Marlin guns. Got a 39A when I was 13 years old living on Elmendorf AFB in Alaska. We had an indoor rifle range on the base and I was able to walk to it at night carrying my rifle for a couple of hours of shooting. That gun followed my family to our next duty station at Clovis, N.M. where I could hunt rabbits and prairie dogs. Our next move was to Illinois where junk yard rats and ground hogs were plentiful. Later sold that gun when I was in the Air Force myself.

Fast forward 25 years to Seattle. Met a policeman who had an FFL and he ordered me another 39A for cost plus $10. However instead of the 39A I received a 39M. Very happy with it. Lived outside of Seattle in the Cascade Mountains at the time so it was a great woods walking gun. Ten years later, moved to Spokane and got the urge for a 30-30. Bought a 336 with beautiful wood. Although I no longer hunt, both guns give me a great deal of enjoyment just handling them and shooting at dirt clogs.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
6,502 Posts
Hello John Lee and welcome to Marlinowners.
Your story is what Marlins are all about!
Enjoy,
Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi john lee, I'm from NE Florida near Jacksonville. This forum is very informative and friendly. Ask all the questions you want. Someone will usually have the answer. Welcome aboard. Marla

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, (back) from DFW, Texas

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Spokane eh?

Used to make deliveries there. I reside in Stanwood (wetside).

Get as far as Davenport & Fairchild AFB for a little deer hunt'in each season.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome back in the MO Forum from Germany!
Great folks, profound knowledge and good humour are here to be found.
Enjoy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts