Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, ladies and gents! I am new to this site and I just happened to stumble upon it while I was surfing the net to get some info on marlin rifles. I just purchased my first .22 rimfire...a fresh-off-the-box Marlin Golden 39AS (1998 production date) outfitted with a Bushnell Sportsman Rimfire Scope 3-9x32. Got the total package for roughly US$400. I had the privilege of firing the first round in the range before they outfitted the scope.

I hope to have a pleasant, interesting, informative...and fun stay in this site and exchange of thoughts and memories with you guys! :p

Incidentally, my other rifle is a Franchi 48/A 12 ga. semi-auto shotgun which will, I am sure, aid me in watching over my fast-maturing daughters! :twisted:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Greetings Tarheel,
Hey, starting out with a 39A, you didn't leave yourself any room to go up. Everything is pretty much down from there. Just kidding, but there is some truth in that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome aboard Genesis!!! There are a bunch of 39A shooters here. I happen to be one as well. We are all just a little bit biased when it comes to opinions on 39A's, but you sure did do a fine job picking your first 22 rifle!!!!!

Welcome again & let us know how she shoots!

firstshot

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome aboard !

The 39-A is the finest .22 lever-action rifle in the world.... You've done well. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Genesis~ A whole-hearted welcome to the rimfire board... Pull up a chair and an adult beverage of your choice and enjoy the wild ride that can be had on this board. Once again Welcome, hope to see all of your posts here........ Ask away if you have any Q's..... See-Ya Online.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the warm reception. I am sure that I will have a fun and wild ride in this site! I initially was opting for the 60SB semi-auto but then again...the 39AS is not only a better shot but it looks pretty darn good on my wall too! :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Welcome to Marlin..

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Welcome Genesis! Take a look at all the forums here! Lots of friendly, and knowledgeable folks here, regardless of whether it's a Marlin or otherwise!

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Hey,welcome Genesis! I shoot an 1897 Texan, which is the same action as the 39A, but with a straight grip stock, 20" octagonal barrel and different sights. I sure paid more for it in Puerto Rico than you did in the Phillipines. :oops:

By the way, if anybody was watching the "Miss Universe" contest last night, Miss Puerto Rico was the 2nd runner up. We don't let the REAL pretty ones leave the island! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts