Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Welcome to MO! I have a Redfield Revolution 2-7X33mm scope on my 308MX and it works very well. This Redfield is made by Leupold and has the same quality and guarentee. Basically the scope is a Leupold VX1 that costs about 30-40 bucks less.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Administrator
30,583 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners.

Lot's of good recommendations before me here. Something you may wish to consider is scope profile and the handling of your Marlin. A smaller profile lends to preserving the great handling of a Lever rifle.

I have both the 2007 JM 308MX and 2008 JM 338MX. The later had a scope on it when I purchased it, a 3-9X40. I find the profile does take away from the handling of the rifle. I put a 2-7X33mm Redfield Revolution Accurange scope on my 308MX and it made a very large difference in retaining the great handling.

At the distances you are looking at the 2-7X33mm would be my choice. I have a self imposed limit of 300YDS and the magnification is plenty enough.

To give you an idea of scope profile between the two I'll attach pictures for the comparison. The 338MX is getting a new scope soon in 2-7X33mm.

Hope this helps.
Jack

308MX

Click pics to enlarge
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

338MX
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

·
Super Moderator
16,613 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the hill country in Virginia. A 2-7x scope from Burris, Redfield, or Leupold would be a great match for the rifle. Pictures please.

Reactions: Hogskin13

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.