Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Well, who can say where the collector market will go on any given item, but I just don't see these becoming all that valuable. Some guns like the old levers just have that certain appeal and perceived value; some of the other guns simply do not have it. They are indeed fairly scarce, having been produced for only 3 years. A wholesale outfit in Omaha has been advertising them in the Gun List for a little over 200 as recently as a couple months ago. If a person bought one of those and had, say, 225 in it with shipping, he might have to hold onto it for many years to realize a profit from its sale.

It's one of the quirks of gun collecting: scarce don't necessarily mean valuable. I think they're cool, but I'm one a them die-hard Marlin nuts!! :D SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
From what I've seen, the muzzleloader guys are a minority, regardless of who made them. Unless things change, where more people get crazy over muzzleloaders in general, I can't see any of them becoming collectable. Even very old muzzleloaders don't bring what similar lever guns, or single shots bring (not even close).
For investment purposes cartridge guns have always brought more money.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty much what I figured. I got a .54 cal. in SS with synthetic stock about a year and a half ago for $175. I still haven't shot it. I rarely get a chance to go hunting anymore and have better sense than to take a gun that hasn't been sighted in.

Thanks,
C.S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts