Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three Marlin .54 caliber stainless fiberglassed stocked marlin muzzleloaders.I was wondering did marlin orT/C really make them.They are very close to T/C thunderhawks I think.The parts will interchange withT/C.I want to convert them to primers caps suck.I love the under the thumb safety.I like they are .54 cal and stainless.I think they are awesome except for the firing caps part.Does any one else have one or did I buy all three made?

·
Registered
17 Posts
no you didn't buy all of them, I have 1 in 54 caliber also stainless
and for a while i thought maybe i had the only one...........
I would like to know about the mfg. and the 209 primer conversion if you find out

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a MLS50 and I really like the gun. But information is really hard to find about these guns. Mine shoots clover leafs at 100 yards with 2-50g pyrodex pellets and a 290gr Barnes TMZ. I've considered trying the 209 primer but I'm not really sure what I'd gain? I have a TC flame thrower nipple and Remington #11's and it's always worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought I was the only one with one of these things. I have killed a few deer with mine and it shoots great with 2 Triple 7 pellets and I switched to musket caps. I have a Redfield 4x on mine and I made my longest ever ML shot with the Marlin....175yds on a doe. She jumped up when the slug hit her and fell right where she was standing. If I remember correctly, it was a 300 gr Remington in a sabot.

I had a 40 yd shot at a nice mature 10 pt a couple years ago and the cap did not fire. I re-cocked and tried again and it still would not fire. Eventually, the deer got tired of watching me fool with the gun and ran off. I swore I was getting a 209 gun and my wife was kind enough to provided a new Savage ML 10 for my next birthday and I subsequently got a 45 cal barrel for my TC Encore that I cut to 20" so the old .54 doesn't get used much anymore. I wanted to pass it on to #1 son, but he loves my TC and ended up with one of those, so I retired the Marlin to a place of honor in the ML rack. Not sure who make them, but it is a great gun!!

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Pictures! We need to see pictures of these rifle. I have never seen one.

·
Banned
899 Posts
I'm pretty sure T/C made them.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I have one in each caliber, but they are not common. I, too, think T/C made them for Marlin, who probably forged the barrels?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts