Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a late 50’s Mountie in 95% (metal and wood condition) but missing the bolt assembly. What are the chances of finding a replacement.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... Difficult... You'll probably have to buy a used one off of E-bay or something like that...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome from Idaho!
It will probably take a bit of searching, but would be worth it to get it shooting again.
IIRC, the bolts have not changed much & you may be able to get a later date one to fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Breech bolts for the 39a and variations are extremely difficult to find...been looking for over a year. Did miss one, but have had no luck so far. I am looking for a bolt assy for a 1981 rifle. They do vary a bit in design, depending on when the gun was made. Pretty good chance you would have a large population of bolts that should fit, but they are just not easily available.

·
Banned
3,196 Posts
I can't even get a breech bolt for a 1894, not even through a gunsmith from Remington never mind a 39a that has not been made for ?? what about a decade now?
you might as well buy a lottery ticket the odds are probably pretty similar

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I can't imagine that a machinist would tackle that for under $100 & even that would be a gift.
I'm thinking that you would have to find some old 39A that was severely abused to the point that it was only a parts gun for cheap. Could take years!
As mentioned before, nice ones are out there & would take less time & effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts