Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired my fathers old Marlin. He said it was his old ranch rifle when he was spending summers in Montana back in high school in the early 60's. A friend who talked to someone affiliated with Marlin said that it was manufactured sometime between 1920 to 1935. The grey is due to to the fact that they had a fire at Marlin in 1935 and lost all records and serial #s. can anyone help me pin point the date of manufacturing of this gorgeous lever action. Only thing besides disassemble, clean, and reassemble was a barrel blueing. Can't wait to take it to the range!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Bryce,

Marlin records ceased at serial #355,300 in 1906. You rifle is very close to that and was probably assembled in 1907. With that serial # it was made well before the first World War.You should enjoy your rifle. Slug it to determine it's groove diameter and this will give you the diameter of cast bullet to shoot ( one to two thousandths over the groove diameter).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much.! Right now I purchased a box of magtech44-40 WIN Label Subcompact car
It cycles through super smooth but ill take your advice prior to firing this beautiful rifle.
Gun Shotgun Air gun Trigger Gun Shotgun Revolver Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
206 Posts
Got a nice on there. Great calibre too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts