Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to this particular model. I’m primarily all Winchesters but couldn’t pass this up & after two yrs of trying to buy this high collector grade Marlin 93 I finally acquired it and looking for any info on the Marlin model 93 case hardened sporting carbine 2/3 mag. Any history of the first ones/time period made/serial # range & reference number lookup etc wouod be greatly appreciated.
scout64
Wood Natural material Wood stain Hardwood Plank

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Hood Wood Bicycle part

Window Wood Door Automotive exterior Line

Natural material Wood Shotgun Air gun Trigger

Wood Bumper Shotgun Wood stain Automotive exterior

·
Registered
879 Posts
The model 1893 changed to model 93 in 1905. The bullseye in the stock came in 1921. How long is your barrel? The carbine came out in 1923. The barrel stamp changed from Marlin Firearms Company to Marlin Firearms Corporation after 1924.

Beauty there.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If that hasn't been refinished, and looking at the butt plate it would seem to be factory new, that has to have been the ultimate safe queen! Just beautiful, and I cringe at the thought of how much you shelled out for it! Did it come with the factory box?

~Kees~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If that hasn't been refinished, and looking at the butt plate it would seem to be factory new, that has to have been the ultimate safe queen! Just beautiful, and I cringe at the thought of how much you shelled out for it! Did it come with the factory box?

~Kees~
100% original one family owned and probably the finest one in existence from a few private messages I received. It came with a condition of sale if I ever wanted to sell it I have to contact the previous owner first. That was an easy decision. The price was reasonable in my opinion at $3k U.S. considering the condition and rarity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts