Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marlin Model 90 double trigger and need a safety button rod. Schematic part number 99-33. It is the same as a Ranger Model 103. Numrich.com and Brownell.com are out of stock.

If I knew the demensions I could rebuild one out of sheet metal. Can anyone out there make a wax casting or aluminum foil cut out silouette of their part and sent it to me? The last listed price of the part is 5 bucks at Numrich.

I believe the friendly folks at TSA disassembled my firearm and lost the part when I last flew but I didn't check it for about 6 months after the trip!

Frustrated,

-Tim

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hard to believe TSA folks would take the stock off of a shotgun that was properly inspected and locked in an approved gun case prior to boarding the flight. Are you sure it is missing or just out of position?

The part has a small hole in one end and it is bent at about a 30 degree angle about 1/16" from the other end.

I prefer a manual safety and generally remove the part if I get the chance. I have one from a 16 ga. but it might not fit a 12 ga. since 16 and 20 ga. M90's were made on a smaller frame. You might post your need on the 16 ga. com forum as there are a number of M90 owners who post there.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I'd go with BarkeyVA's idea!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Yes, if he means the rod that makes the safety go on when breaking the gun open, I don't know any serious hunter that does not take what ever needed out of a gun to prevent an auto safety.

I would say that any real gunsmith, would have little problem figuring it out, even with out another to copy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is a picture of the "guts' of a model 90 DT posted by Weagle on Shotgun World showing the safety button bar.

The picture below is my Model 90ST. Note that the safety bar appears to be the same design as the one above.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
If any one calling themselves a gunsmith, can't make that out of a piece of flat stock, they should take the gunsmith shingle down, and put up a shade tree broken shovel handle repair shingle.

It would take a couple of hours, but it would not be rocket science.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like what Bill O'Reilly said. These shootings occur in locations where the thinking is libertine.
Plato said in his Republic that Democracies pander to children and women.

My own observation is that the type of school is usually suburban. Seldom do big city schools have such shootings, neither do they occur in small country schools where the students know they will be met by other students with guns before they get home where everyone knows they live. But then again, in a small community they usually feel like a somebody, even if it is not a good somebody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts