Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a chance to buy a marlin model 80 and am trying to find out when it was made. This gun has no serial number, micro groove rifling, the white spacers between the stock and butplate and between the pistol grip cap and stock, the bolt has the springsteel extractor, trigger guard is the cast aluminum or pot metal one, has gold trigger, and the reciever is grooved for scope mounts, the bolt is chromed . Have been searching for information and have not been able to find much so any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im working on a model 80 right now and have the same problem. I cant find anything on them either, i did read that they were made between 1935-1959 if that would help you any.

·
Premium Member
10,942 Posts
piecrazy4 said:
Ok I have a chance to buy a marlin model 80 and am trying to find out when it was made. This gun has no serial number, micro groove rifling, the white spacers between the stock and butplate and between the pistol grip cap and stock, the bolt has the springsteel extractor, trigger guard is the cast aluminum or pot metal one, has gold trigger, and the reciever is grooved for scope mounts, the bolt is chromed . Have been searching for information and have not been able to find much so any help is appreciated!
The Model 80's made in the mid fifties have plastic trigger guards., and a squared schnabel on the forearm.........I suspect the one you are looking at is late 40's early fifties, having a metal trigger guard.

Model 80's shoot really well, and usually have wonderful triggers...........I'd put them waaay ahead of todays offerings.........They were made when craftsmen made Marlins.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts