Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a gun show yesterday and ran across one of the few Marlins I have never owned a model 80 in decent shape.
Probably overpaid a bit the guy was asking $250 he took $200 but it was in nice shape and had (3) mags included.

If it wasn't freezing cold outside, I would have sighted it in this morning, I did take it out and ran a mag of ammo thru it and it put them all in my small bullet catcher at 50yds. Its wearing a Weaver 1.5

Just sold my Marlin 25 so this kind of fills that spot back in. Hard to pass up a nice old Marlin

No serial number so pre '68, at what point did they start offering the grooved receiver for a scope?
This one does have a micro-groove barrel
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Shotgun
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Revolver

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Very nice!

Around here any old 22 is bringing $200, so in my book, you did well! I love those old model 80 Marlins. Mine is older than yours and has the finger groove stock and tiny tiny sights, but man sakes a live is that thing a tack driver, and I’m sure yours is too.

Reactions: Bigdog357

·
Registered
156 Posts
My first Marlin was a model 80. I was just a young pup. It shot very well. When I was a bit older I purchased a Ruger 10/22 that would not even come close to the Marlin's accuracy..Granted one is a bolt action and one a semi auto and I am a fan of Ruger pisols and #1's..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts