Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else shoot these fast cycling lever actions? Mine is a 30 carbine and it's a hoot to wack groundhogs and yotes with. It's the only cartridge I hand load and then not to often. :lol: Hard to find parts for this rifle around here though. The plastic plate under the lever is cracked and I'd like to find another front sight hood too, mines out in the sticks somewheres...

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Don’t know if they have what you are looking for but here are three places I check when I can’t find it anywhere else.

http://www.gun-parts.com/marlin/ can email and he will let you know if he has the parts.
http://www.wisnersinc.com/ They have lots of parts pretty good Marlin selection.
http://members.tripod.com/gunpartsearch/ This guy sells parts online and will also respond to email request.

I have two 62 in 30 cal. One is unfired with the original drop tag, the other is for shooting. Been awhile since I took it to the range, guess it is time to do so.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
model 62

I like the model 62 in 256. Works great on pasture poodles, and doesn't cost an arm & a leg to reload. I need to get off my butt & make some more 256 brass from 357, though. My originals are starting to have a lot of incipient head separations. SW

·
Registered
6 Posts
winchester 256 ammo!!!

where can i find some of this ammo? does anyone have a 256 firearm for sale?thanks.

boltaction
steven m. green

·
Registered
3 Posts
Levermatics

Marlin collectors,
I am going to sell several Marlin rifles ,and shotguns.... in the levermatics,I have .22clip,.22mag,.256,30carb. maybe 10 boxes of 256 ammo......... tallend

·
Registered
35 Posts
Late arrival here, new guy too.

I have a Model 62 in 30 Carbine that I enjoy immensely. The little critter is a dern sight more accurate than the M-1 Carbines I've messed with. It dotes on both Speer 110 HP's and on Lee 113 FN/GC castings. DO NOT believe the old wive's tales about Microgroove rifling being unusable with cast bullets--a couple hundred such bullets at 1600 FPS (12.0 grains of 2400, Taracorp alloy, and sized at .310") left zero/zilch/nada leading, and were more accurate than the Speers--just slightly bigger than 1"-10 shot groups at 50 yards, say 1.25" to be safe.

One question--its magazine's floorplate really wants to slide loose and part company with the body. Is this a common trait? Finding a couple more magazines would sure be nice, too.

Both the 256 Marlin and 30 Carbine are largely just updated 25-20 and 32-20 respectively. A real shame the 25 caliber didn't catch on.......I sure like what 75 grain Speers do in my 94 CL x 25-20--anyone try them in 256?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have had best accuracy using 60 grain Speer JSPs. Unfortunately, they are no longer made, but Hornady's 60 grainers work well, too. SW

·
Registered
305 Posts
Best accuracy I found was with Speers 75 gr "Hotcore" bullet..flat nose. I loaded it with lil gun and 2400 powder..It really liked the 2400!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts