Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up one of these rifles and really like it. What I need some help with is finding a gunsmith that can go thru the action completely and clean it up. It is a little rough to use and probably hasn't been checked out in 30 years. Don't want to take it to just some local gunsmith as this is not your standard 336. Want someone who knows what their doing with this rifle and has a good reputation. I am in Texas but willing to ship if needed. If you can point me to some one that would be great.

Thanks
Saunders87

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
first... welcome to the forum!!! glad you found us... this place is probably one of the best resources for all things marlin out there!! check out the gunsmithing section on the forum tab... will probably find plenty of info on cleaning it up yourself!! be sure to look up how to post pics!! lots of us round here like to see pics of guns of all kinds!!

look forward to seeing you around... good luck on your "new" gun!!

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Welcome to Mo from Va.Sorry I can't help out with a smith,probably just cangealed lubricant.Hope you get her slicked up real soon.Great turkey gun.And fast becoming a highly sought after collectable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts