Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to this Marlin Forum. I'm new here and have good intentions of participating when ever I thing I can. I have several Marlins, and I just yesterday ordered a new Model 60 50th Anniversary Model. There's not many available for sale, but my supplier located one for me. I'm a scope shooter and I thought I'd ask this Marlin group as to what scope mount, what brand and power scope they used on their rifle keeping in mind that my rifle is blued. Also, is there any certain ammo you like over others. My new rifle will be delivered tomorrow, but here in Maine, we're expecting a snowstorm Friday 6 to 10 inches which us snowmobilers really need for the trails, and I'm in the Harrison, Maine Fishing Tournament this weekend, so I won't pickit up until next week. Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used the factory mounts on my 60DLX with a Nikon ProStaff 4x32. I don't think you need much more scope than a 4x.

Ammo - try several brands but stay away from Remington Golden Bullet. I personally like the CCI Mini Mag or the CCI Blazer LRN.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday " I received the call " My rifle has arrived !!!!! Went to the gun shop and there it was all marlin boxed up. Opened it and proceeded to inspect it from end to end. Much to my delight, there was ZERO Flaws. Thanked the owner, paid him and took off for home where upon arrival, I set it on my desk and went snowmobiling. When I got back, I had to pay for the rifle again and take my wife out to dinner. She did not request the dinner, but I thought it was a great trade-off. Today, I'm off to snowmobile again and the test shooting and picture taking shall begin. I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got some time to shoot the Marlin and after about 50 rounds, I had an epiphany. I'm going to need more ammo. Lot's of ammo. What a blast !!!!! ( No pun intended ) In the first 2 sets of 10 rounds, the second shots miss-loaded. But after that, everthing was just as it should be. It would fire as fast as my fingers could pull the trigger. Then it started to get dark out. Tomorrow shall bring lots of shooting. I didn't check the sights, but I walked a soup can across the yard with rapid fire. Walmart has Winchester 333 boxes @ $11.47 each, so I'm going to " Load UP " on them. Now I have to decide on a decent scope. More fun coming.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts