Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All ===
My first post here, but have been reading quite a bit about the lever guns = but got a different one now. I recently acquired this single shot Marlin model 60 12 ga and this is the only one I have ever seen. Brophy's Malrlin book doesn't even list them, so I would guess that there weren't very many made?? The barrel is marked
Diadem Smokeless Steel and under that Choke Bored. There is no Marlin mark on it, but the receiver is marked Marlin and under it = MODEL 60 and the stock has the typical Marlin "eye" in it. Any body have any information on it and any idea of value?? Thanks for your help!!

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
I'm sure someone will come along and reply with the info you're looking for but if you could post some Pics we all would appreciate it!

1895Gunner

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Post in the Collectors they may have more info on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some pics of the shotgun, but am not computer literate enough to upload them here. I will have to wait for my grandson to stop by and help me out, but thanks for the info so far

·
Registered
398 Posts
Those were made in the early 1920's maby 1923 and less than 1,000 were made. I think they were assembled with parts from a company named Hopkin's and Allen but with marlin marking's. They came with either a 30 or 32 inch barrel. Value is in the ball park of around $175-250 depending on condition of the shotgun. I found this photo of one... does it look like this?

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8088475

1 - 6 of 6 Posts