Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a marlin model 57 22lr with a round reciever. Do any of you know were I can get a scope base for it or just give me the name of the scope base, because I can't find one anywhere. Will the one for the 22 magnum model 57 work. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hello. I have a marlin model 57 22lr with a round reciever. Do any of you know were I can get a scope base for it or just give me the name of the scope base, because I can't find one anywhere. Will the one for the 22 magnum model 57 work. Thank you in advance.
Just in case none of the 57 owners here respond, Brownell's has both blank 3/8" rail and Weaver-style base blanks in 12" lengths. Chop to desired length, put in holes, counterbores and notches(if needed), finish to taste. A drill press and some accurate measuring and marking out is all that's needed. They had both flat bottom and curved bottom blanks last I ordered any. I've used these on some air guns, shotguns and other orphans where pre-made bases just didn't exist. Another option for those 50+year-old guns. If you're going to put a modern 1" tube scope on, go for the Weaver base.

Stan S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR REPLYING. I know they sell a base for the model 57 magnum (weaver model 58/), but I didn't know if it would be the same size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts