Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feed back about this rifle. positives and negative comments are welcome.

thanks in advance

magna

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Mine is one of the early models with a steel receiver,one of the most accurate lever action 22s I'v ever owned.The trigger sear was honed by a previous owner (22 oz.)Topped with an old Weaver V7 from the 60s,it will put 10 shots through 1/2 inch hole at 35 yds(my sight in distance).This is a full-sized gun,some folks might say"bulky" for a 22.The short lever throw lets you fire "AIMED" shots almost as fast as a simi-auto.Not as classy as a 39,but stil a fine rifle.On a scale of 1 to 10 for lever action 22s,I'l give it a 6,well above the Winchester 250,Remington 76 and Mossberg 400.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got a later one with the aluminum reciever and it is NOT a tackdriver and I have heard several people say that the accuracy is not the best with these rifles but it's not terrible either. I've got a Lyman reciever sight on mine and really enjoy shooting it, the short lever throw is fun and I don't plan on selling it anytime soon. I think you'll have a lot of fun with it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts