Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle bought this gun I believe in 1998 from Walmart, it has the JM stamp, gold trigger, and was made in North Haven. It has never been shot. He bought it and put it back and would put tags on them to remember what he paid. I paid $600 with the strap and all, I always wanted it. Can anyone tell me the value and what the “AW” is? Sorry for the bad pictures!

·
Super Moderator
16,824 Posts
Do you still have the box and all? It is not the Walnut stocked model but plain Birch (the AW part) so not as valuable... If it was the Walnut stocked version, it would be a Mod 336A... Still about a $600.00 rifle, but, it went down to about $250.00 and came back up again since your Uncle bought it...

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you still have the box and all? It is not the Walnut stocked model but plain Birch (the AW part) so not as valuable... If it was the Walnut stocked version, it would be a Mod 336A... Still about a $600.00 rifle, but, it went down to about $250.00 and came back up again since your Uncle bought it...
Unfortunately I could not find the original box.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Doesn't matter, very nice rifle and has the JM stamp which most people prefer. I would be proud to own that rifle. $600 today in a few years maybe worth twice that much. Who knows. Congratulations on getting her. She's a Beauty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts