Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Marlin Model 20 's for sale out there? What can I expect to pay for one? moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Depending on who has it, what condition it's in, and what part of the country it is. I'd guess you might pay anywhere from as little as $150, to as much as $400+ for a really mint one.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Moody -
There is a pretty nice looking Model 20 on Auction Arms right now with a starting bid of $425. The owner has run it before without a sale.

WB

·
Registered
272 Posts
Speaking of 20s,are there any rifle barrels available??A buddy has a 12 and is looking for ANY barrels he can find.Thanks for reading this.Oh by the way,I recently picked up an ELI WHITNEY 36 cal. pistol that is interesting.Has the original holster and a few other accessories. It came with a ZULU shotgun,and a muzzle loader the family said was used in the civil war. It is huge and HEAVY.Doubtful unless it was a sniper rifle. If anyone is interested,I'll add a couple of scans next time.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
modoc,

I'd be interested in seeing a pic of the Zulu. Those were converted Snyders? SW

·
Registered
272 Posts
The one I have is a converted muzzle loader from the early time period. I has an action rather like a trapdoor but instead of lifting up is attached to a rod on the right side and the block swings to the right and back to load.I understand that they bored the rifling out so that the NATIVES could not shoot long range slugs at the white folks. Heck of a note.Who would want to kill the Brits who took over their country??I'm trying to figure out this Gallery and expect to have a few pics posted soon.I have a floppie taker so it should'nt be too hard.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Modoc, I have a nice SAiamese mauser in 45-70 looks like an African safari rifle. Douglas xx,walnut laminate dark finished stock. like to see it turn into a marlin of some sorts. moodyholler

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
modoc,

That colonial era stuff is extremely interesting. The Brits also converted some Martini-Henrys to fire a special 14 ga for Egyptians. Had a 3 prong firing pin that wouldn't work on anything else. Another failed gun control attempt!! SW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts