Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I took all my 1893's out to the range for a workout. I spent a very enjoyable 3 hr. session shooting them and was once again impressed at what these old rifles will do at 100 yds.
Aside from a case seperation in the .25-36, no problems at the range.

This evening I started the cleaning process. While working on my SRC, I decided to remove the forearm and see if I could tighten it up a bit, as it has always had some slight play in it. When I took the screw out that goes through the forearm, and the rear barrel band I discovered that it was broken in half.
When I bought the carbine the screw was broken. After a futile search, I ended up having a machinist buddy of mine repair it by welding it and turning the shaft down to spec. That weld is where it broke today.

Does anyone have a source for this screw ?
I have exhausted all my resources. I was told at one time that a 336 screw will work, but after buying one found it is not the same. The shaft on it is too large.
Any help at all is appreciated.
WB

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Wishbone,
Kaintuck is on vacation now, but you might try to contact him in a week or so. I sold him a complete model '93 carbine, which he built into a rifle. He should have the barrel bands, and screws that I sent along, which he didn't use. Maybe he'll part with them, since he's not using them?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I bought one from Gun Parts awhile back. They may still have a supply. As a matter of fact I bought it for my 1895 Carbine but it turned out that the threads were a tad to small. I had to make one myself and it turned out real nice. Come to think of it I might have the one I bought from Gun Parts lying around somwhere. If you don't find one let me know and I will see if I can find it. It might fit your 1893 just right and the price will be right. :D Parley

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered one from Gun Parts. After I wrote the post I went to their website and discovered they listed them as available.
When I bought the carbine 10 yrs. ago, they didn't carry them, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will be the correct screw.
Thanks guys .........
WB

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ordered one from Gun Parts. After I wrote the post I went to their website and discovered they listed them as available.
When I bought the carbine 10 yrs. ago, they didn't carry them, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will be the correct screw.
Thanks guys .........
WB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts