Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have what I believe to be a Marlin Model 1889 Repeating Rifle, that is in .218 Bee caliber. I can't find any documentation in Gun Traders Guide or anywhere else that shows the 1889 produced in that caliber. I suppose it is possible that the barrel has been replaced at some time in the past. The rifle has Marlin Safety on the top, has a 24 inch round barrel, a serial # of 117949, and is generally in sound condition with some minor scratches. The serial # indicates the gun was made in 1895. Can anyone help me with identifying this gun for certain? The Marlin web site indicates this is called the Production Model rifle. Any help would sure be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,154 Posts
Welcome to the MO forums from Micanopy Florida. Post some pictures and it will help when someone comes along with the information you are asking for.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum...............

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Sounds like a nice rifle...... I bet it looks good too.........can we see it? Welcome from Ky!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! I think the .218 Bee caliber was developed by Winchester in the 1930's, so the rifle was probably modified for it if that old. Not an expert though, so maybe somebody else can help you better than me.
Enjoy...

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Good luck on the search

·
Super Moderator
16,017 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
What does the barrel say? I suspect a rebarrel or a barrel liner has been installed. A good liner job is difficult to detect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What a great group of guys this is.. and maybe some gals too. I am just a newcomer, but felt really welcome to see all the
responses and "welcome aboard" postings. Thanks to all of you. I will definitely be using this site a lot.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Southeast Kansas!

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
15,447 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.
A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome from the outdoors.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts