Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought that i would post up some pics of My Marlin Model 120. My grandpa bought it brand new in 1972 and just recently gave it to me :). I've owned a couple of 870's a model 500, and an 1187 wingmaster and this is by far the best quality of any shotgun I've ever owned. Anyway, without further adieu...

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
I bet being from Grandpa, that gun means more than any of the others you've ever purchased!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
absolutely, and you should see the pattern it has at 50yds with buckshot out of that 30" full choked barrel lol. It also came with a nice kabar that he bought on the same day that is equally as heavy for it's size lol.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I used to have a Marlin 120 back in the earlhy 1980's. It was a well-made, good looking shotgun. It was my first shotgun, and my second centerfire. Took my first ducks, with it. I was invited to go deer hunting in western NY (shotgun only area), and did some range testing with slugs. I was impressed with the baseball-sized 5 shot groups I made at 50+ yards (plain jane Winchester foster 1 oz slugs) that hit point of aim with its fixed modified choke.

Overall It served me well. Wish I still had it. Good to see your picture. Nothing like forged/ milled, and blued steel guns with walnut stocks. The Marlin 120 was an underated shotgun-still is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts