Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on the shotgun I just discovered used in mint condition at gandorf mountain. Its the model 120 Marlin Pump shotgun, I never heard of such a thing, and never knew that Marlin made pumps. When did they make them?; Are they a solid shooter?; The price was 230$, and it was mint with box/papers. Thanks for any info- Rudy

·
Super Moderator
15,900 Posts
981tman said:
I need some info on the shotgun I just discovered used in mint condition at gandorf mountain. Its the model 120 Marlin Pump shotgun, I never heard of such a thing, and never knew that Marlin made pumps. When did they make them?; Are they a solid shooter?; The price was 230$, and it was mint with box/papers. Thanks for any info- Rudy
As a boy growing up in the 1950's & 60's I remember the Marlin 120 shotgun; it was a goodun'. Hell I can remember when H&R imported Valmet. How may of you remember Hi-Standard® guns? The latest, greatest, newest ain't always the bestus'.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Look on this page of the Shotgun forum. About 2/3 way down the page. Titled "Model 120 Magnum" stated by Dean C. (that would be me)

There's another thread that another 120 owner started too. Do a little search and you'll find a bunch of info.

This will give you a good start.
dean

·
Banned
461 Posts
For $230.00 Id buy it up. Keep the box, it's not far off before it's going to be a collectable shotgun. I have a couple of them now in my Marlin collection, but none in the box. I paid a little more than what you say that one is for.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As a boy growing up in the 1950's & 60's I remember the Marlin 120 shotgun; it was a goodun'. Hell I can remember when H&R imported Valmet. How may of you remember Hi-Standard® guns? The latest, greatest, newest ain't always the bestus'.[/quote]

I recently purchased a High Standard MK1211 pump shotgun - made in the late 50's. It is in about 98% original condition and it has the slickest, smoothest action of any shotgun I have owned - and that's a few! I paid $145 shipped to my door! Quite a lot of value I would say. I don't need this gun at all, it doesn't fit with my main collecting interests, but how could I say no when the opportunity came along??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts