Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this but I will try here. Does anyone have any experience with the marlin mdl. 62 or the 256 win. mag. cartridge. I picked one up today. Any help appreciated. Regards, Byron

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
model 62

You bet!! I shoot mine regularly! I make my brass from 357, but I've got a couple boxes of factory ammo around here somewhere, too. This is a great round for prairie dogs - doesn't cost a lot to load & very accurate! SW

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I have two in the 30carbine but have yet to find one in 256. Good find.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nebrhpgger, could you explaine the forming procedure for the brass from 357 mag. Is it as simple as running it through the FL sizing die, and loading. What bullet weight do you like. Thanks, Byron

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure-shot. I don't remember the model # but years ago I owned one that looked like this one in 22mag. A friend just had to have it so I sold it to him. Did not get to play with it much. Regards, Byron

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I have one in 22mag but it is a JC Higgens, store brand, made by Marlin. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
SET LEVERMATICS

High Fells,
I know a fella that has a set of these play prettys for sale as the
22LR,22ma,256mag,9mm and 30cal. All in great shape according to him. Haven't seen any of them but I did just buy a 219Zipper thats like 95% overall. In afew months he might decided to sell some of the others that are not in sets as individuals. I think he said (3) sets as of now.
SpikeMaster49
:D 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: model 62

NebrHogger said:
You bet!! I shoot mine regularly! I make my brass from 357, but I've got a couple boxes of factory ammo around here somewhere, too. This is a great round for prairie dogs - doesn't cost a lot to load & very accurate! SW
Looking for reliable information on using the 75Gr Hornady HP from the magazine with the 256. Should be a 200yd point blank shooter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
CH make two form dies for .256.Best to use them before running it through a .256 loading die.
HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts