Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a great day to all!

Well after learning that there is a 336 existing in .44 Magnum,
I dare to ask if anyone know about a Marlin LAR manufactured in the original 30-06 Calibre?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.30-06_Springfield

I know that this is a bolt action cartridge not made for tubular magazines, but there enough sorts of bullets out there who would work in there also.

I'm not talking about the new 338 Marlin Express with the one and only available ammo, I'm talking about the original 30-06 Springfield for a Marlin LAR.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Unfortunately, the short answer is no. The only lever actions suitable for the '06 are the Model 1895 Winchester and of course the
Modern Browning BLR (both having box magazines). A number of factors preclude Marlin's basic design from being adapted to the
30-06 and similar cartridges.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike Leck said:
Unfortunately, the short answer is no.
I was afraid to hear so... thx for the answer. :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Bitte schoen! Siie mussen Deutsch sein. Wohnen Sie hier oder im Deutschland? (Ich bin halb Deutsch; mein Grossvater war aus Pommern gekommt, meine Grossmutter aus Bayern..)

mit herzlichen Gruss zum Feuer!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike Leck said:
Bitte schoen! Siie mussen Deutsch sein. Wohnen Sie hier oder im Deutschland? (Ich bin halb Deutsch; mein Grossvater war aus Pommern gekommt, meine Grossmutter aus Bayern..)

mit herzlichen Gruss zum Feuer!
Hello!

German ancestors, great! :D

I'm living in Germany, near to Heidelberg with my wife and kids.
Besides some weapon regulations and other dubious laws and political decisions, we feel very well here. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts