Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a gun auction on www.auctionarms.com #5656737 for a Marlin Model 26 shotgun. In the add it states that the Model 26 was made from 1909 to 1915. However there is something in the add that says otherwise and by a number of years. What is it? Parley

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is the roll markings on the barrel of "The Marlin Firearms Corporation" which was not used until about 1922. Because of those markings the shotgun could not have been assembled before Marlin was re-organized although it is quite possible the components to make the shotgun were made before WWI.

Tom

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Marlin Firearms Corporation rollstamp on the barrel.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, Plinker Tom and MM93 win. You guys are entirely correct. Four Eyed Buck did find something interesting in that the serial number is way out of range from what is listed in Brophy's book. I have added the data to my shotgun info. Parley

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fellas...
Could this possibly be a Model 49? The S/N fits and also the roll stamp information. The forearm edges have square profiles. You know WAY MUCH more than me!
Regards, Jack

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wondering the same thing in that it might be another model. However double checked and the seller clearly states that there is a Model 26 stamp on the upper tang. As stated above the shotgun could clearly have been made up of left over parts using a Model 26 receiver. Parley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts