Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Marlin-itis?

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Cajun 
#1 ·
Is there a cure for "Marlin-itis"? If so, can somebody share it? It's this bug or virus, it keeps telling me to adopt more of them. I can't say it's physically painful. I can't stop searching for them. Does anyone else suffer with this affliction? :help::help:

#2 ·
Yes. We all do, but the only suffering is that we want more Marlins.

Of all the Firearm Affective Disorders (FADs) Marlinitis is most pleasureable.

Here are FADs that can be much worse:

Winchesterosis
Glockorrhea
Coltinitis
Smith and Wessonella
Remingtonemia
Trapdoor Syndrome
Lever Rifleoma
Hyphenosis of several types but 38-55 Hyphenosis and 45-70 Hyphenosis are most insidious.
Singleshotomiasis
Rugeralgia
Rossiopathy
Browningphagia
CZcele
H&Rism
Henryiodosis
Howatosis
Weatherbyplegia
Savageonomy
32ACPorrhapy
9mmexstalsis
10mmoplexy
40calversion
45ACPoptosis
Large caliberectasia

#7 ·
Don't worry Don--Marlinitis can be cured by buying a Marlin--and buying another one---and another---and just one more-----!

#8 ·
no cure, only temporary treatment

#9 ·
the only suffering is the wait for the next one....

#11 ·
Well, guess I know what I gotta do! Oh boy, it's comin' over me! It's got a grip on me, now just gotta find the "one" that needs my form of TLC, oh my wife is jealous now, and it's gonna be worse! She hates my guns, and the dogs, I can't be far behind! So all that's left is to search and adopt another.

#12 ·
Hey Don,

The Priestess of Finance (aka THE RED HEAD!), has stated in no uncertain terms. "One more of those Octagonal Barreled Marlins comes through this door, YOU WILL BE SLEEPING ON THE PORCH!"

Sure glad it's warming up. LOL

Later, Mark

#15 ·
Hey maybe we should have The MR'S (Marlin Rescue Society). For folks actively seeking out and rescuing Marlins that have become unloved, neglected, or un-wanted. Lol, think the wives might see it differently then? Mine probably see right thru that line though. Ehh, was just thinking out loud.

#16 ·
I'm searching for my next temporary treatment now, something in a large caliber this time I'm thinking.

#21 ·
Maybe call it Team Enablers....... LOL

When I joined the forums I'd just bought my 45-70. Thanks to all those who say to go ahead, get another one, I'm now looking every day for JM Marlin number 8. Imagine that! But it does help with that Marlinitis affliction that I suffer from.

It really does.

Really......

Ron

#26 ·
Mark, it's that fabled 35 Remington Model 336 SC from the year 1950. An unspoiled waffle top, in all it's glory. It don't even have sling studs so I'm excited about the possibility of it coming to my house for the rest of my life. I'm about to get a big safe, one that will house my entire meager collection......but will allow a few more to be fitted in,also. Now that's a plan, in my book!

And yes you definitely get a point or several for the "Enabler" role involved!

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.