Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a newly acquired NIB 1995 444S, it has an inspectors card. This person did his job, back in the day, the rifle is flawless. Been looking for a good 444 for awhile found this at a local gun show for $600.00. More than I've ever paid for a Marlin, but it was well worth it. Plan to shoot it, and hunt it some, along with rifle came four boxes of loaded Hornady 265 flat points, which I understand is a good game load. The original price of the rifle was on the box, $351.00, those were the days.

20140428_103850.jpg

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tag was $700, I offered $600 and he accepted. I think near closing time on the last day of a show, sometimes the dealers, are ready to deal. It was my turn to get lucky. The seller was a pawn shop dealer, pretty sure he still made a fair sum.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Man that is a beauty!!!

Reactions: graymustang

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
The fit/finish & workmanship is head over heels above a post takeover Remlin.
I compared the checkering in the photo of this 1995 beauty to the pathetic shadow checkering on the 336C I bought a month ago and the Remlin pales in comparison.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
What a Deal! That sucker is beautiful. That would still be a MG barrel, right? What'cha gonna feed it when the factory stuff is gone?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Man that's a beauty!! Congrats!! Looking forward to hearing a range report!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
figure in inflation ....... I think you made out ....... You will LOVE the way she shoots .......

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
When the factory loads run dry, probably may go.over to the 300gr Speer at 2 000 fps
Used that in a 94 big bore, years back. Just starting the MG cast experience in a 35 Rem, may go that route if it works out. Thanks for all the kind remarks.

Then too,.there are all the excellent bullet test/game performance reviews that need to be studied before a final decision is made.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Congrats that is an awesome gun at a asweome price
I cherish the 444 and Marlinitis has helped me aquire 5 of them:hmmmm:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
When the factory loads run dry, probably may go.over to the 300gr Speer at 2 000 fps
Used that in a 94 big bore, years back. Just starting the MG cast experience in a 35 Rem, may go that route if it works out. Thanks for all the kind remarks.
How is the 35 Rem one just offere locally SC vesion in awesome shape for I think 475.00 with scope just cannot pick up another caliber too reload after Bigjeepman Talked me into the 45 Colt CB

·
Super Moderator
12,038 Posts
She's a beaut! Those 265's are a great boolit for that rifle. Heck they shoot plain awesome in my 44 mag.

·
Super Moderator
25,165 Posts
Congrats on a very fine looking Marlin Triple-4. You got a very good deal--those Triple-4s are getting very pricey these days. I found mine by accident on GB while looking for a 44 Mag Ruger SBH. A NYC gunshop had a NIB 2008 unfired Triple-4 sitting in their shop without box and papers. It must have been there awhile as the gunshop owner threw in a VG+ 1970s Redfield Tracker 2-7X scope with the rifle. I couldn't believe I got it for 525 bucks from an online seller.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts