Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Marlin .22lr before my uncle passed, on the barrel it’s stamped model 99C. I believe this is an Old Style but I don’t know if y’all could let me know it’d be helpful!! Also it was so crush I took it apart to clean it but I think I got it all back together but what do I do with the spring for the cartridge lifter?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,630 Posts
Looking closely at the picture on the right, it looks like your feed throat is broken... The piece across the rear that keeps the lifter in place is broken off the feed throat...

Where the arrows are pointing to...

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
That being said you can get the new style throat from Numrich Arms,they use to provide the improved one as a kit,they may stil do so,call them ,I used one and it works great,high quality.it ,your model 99c is a great little rifle.enjoy it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea the FT is definitely broken, I’ve ordered a whole complete lower assembly off of a fellow from eBay. I had him send me some close ups and the feed throat looks good. We will see how long this will last and the part comes in today so I’ll let y’all know how it goes. I just didn’t want to do a new model conversion because I believe you still have to shave down the side of the FT to fit the old style bolt?? Yea my uncle gave it to me when he was very bad health and I was a little bitty thing back then but I know before she messed up I had put a several thousand rounds through her. I’d have my dad get me the box of 525 Winchester’s every weekend and me an my buddy would go shooting down the road on our farm had lots of fun with her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have another question while I’m thinking about it. Will a new model buffer work in the old models? I mean I think they would since there’s not really a whole lot changed on since manufacturing from the olds to news besides the bolt hold open on news.

·
Registered
672 Posts
IIRC the holes are a different ID but that was because it allowed it to move a little more to seat better in rear post bolt contact, they work fine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
KodyB,
I have a model 99 M1 and the action is the same in the model 60. I went to Numrich Arms and got new replacement parts for the action. I got the nylon bumper and a new shell feed throat. You might have to alter it a bit but I didn't have any trouble with the work. As I recall there is a sheet that came with the feed throat and it was simple to make the changes. It consisted of filing/grinding off a protusion and I also picked up various other infinitesimal parts associated with that action.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
Good to go! Great thing to bring an old rifle back to life!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts