Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a 1870 marlin handgun 32 rimfire in mechanical good condition but nikel on barrel out.( it's like a Smith &Wesson but stamped Marlin).
I can buy it about $380 did you think it's interresting. I don't know value of these handguns i never see an other. In France the S&W have best value but they don't know marlin and his History.
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Hi Chris,
Are there any markings on it, and can you see the patent dates on the top of the barrel? Is it plain, or engraved? $380 here is a lot of money for most standard Marlin revolvers, with little finish. Not sure there?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally i bought it $ 270. For France it's acceptable because these guns antique classified. Also Smith and Wesson are very more priced ( about $2000).
I will send you picture.
Chris

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marlinman93,
How do you know the value for a Colt dragoon 3RD model second production ( 1975 ) in very good condition.

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Hi Chris,
These new model Colt percussion revolvers were made in Italy, and generally don't bring big prices, even in like new condition. I've seen some fine boxed versions go for around $400 in nice shape.
For really retailed info, and values, you might try to find a copy of Dennis Adler's book, "Colt Black Powder Reproductions & Replicas."
He covers these newer Colts from all the various models and calibers.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!
But i have this book i'm happy that you advise me it.
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts