Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
12,670 Posts
Umm, never actually hit the target...

Knocked it over with a near miss... No impact shown on the target. Just to be clear.

Yes, it's good shooting! I never tried 2K offhand. That is pretty danged cool.

But, let's be real here. Would you rather our military snipers were using 45-70 lever actions? Or the current 338's & 300's they're using to take those 1,000+ yard shots?

Just trying to inject a little reality here. I've shot 1,000 with a 308, it's not easy to do well. And 1500+ with a doggone 50 BMG.

I do think that this shows us though, that a group, say 40 or 50 men, with 45-70's might have been pretty effective against an area target at 1,000 - 2,000 yards... Say a group of enemy... Ya, I suspect that a bunch of opponents would have been hit with some 45-70 rounds.

And, this looks like an awful lot of fun to be sure! :)

Guy

· Premium Member
12,670 Posts
Ya, that bug-bitten fellow with the 45-70 Marlin sure did well. Dang.

Mike Britton - yup - the bull at 600, 800, 900 and 1,000 yards looks awfully small. :) I can't shoot prone anymore due to neck issues. Maybe I'll grab my Marlin, stand on my hind legs like that fellow and give it a go! Ha... Nope.

He did pretty well though. Got some good spotting. I liked that, "One target right and two targets high" that would be useful.

Nearly 2,000 yards with a doggone Guide Gun... Amazing.

Guy

1 - 2 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.