Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have a couple of questions about my Marlin 75c. From what I have read the marlin 75c came with the long tube magazine and the model 75 came with the short magazine, my confusion stems from the fact that my marlin 75c has the short magazine tube and a stock with the carved spot that houses the barrel band, could it be possible that my previously owned rifle could have been changed with marlin 75 components or are there instences where the 75c came with the short magazine tube? If it isn't the former, would it be possible to put the long magazine tube back in so that it does not use the barrel band and make it able to use aftermarket model 60 stock from Boyd's?

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Post pics.

Remember these have the same action the 60 uses and like the 60 there are old and new models of the action. There are also two versions of the rifle itself. The older version has a Ruger-like barrel band. The newer ones look like a short 60.

As far as the stock goes, it depends on if you have a new or old model action because the trigger guards are different.

My 75C was built in '83 so it's just new enough to be a new model. That's how I was able to use a NEW trigger guard from Marlin and a 60 stock. I'm not sure how the barrel band affects the magazine tube other than the old model has a different barrel channel in the stock than the new model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GasGuzzler! I would still like some other people to respond about the configuration of the 75 in relation to my question as a tinhorn here im still learning and love hearing what information y'all have to share.

Thanks y'all

·
Registered
373 Posts
DeadEye43, I own a 1981 75C. It has an 18" barrel with the 14 round tube. I am not an expert, but from what I have read that's the only barrel/tube configuration they came in. And the 75 only came with short 9 round tubes.
Does your barrel have a dovetail cut in the bottom 3" from the muzzle? If so, it had a longer tube from the factory. If not, it never had the long tube.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys so I checked again this morning and turns out i just have the model 75 not the 75c, I decided that to fit a boyd's stock i'll put a model 60 magazine tube in and cut it down to fit flush with the barrel. Do y'all think it is possible to put a last shot hold open mechanism in the 75 and it be somewhat straightforward?

Thanks y'all

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Once again, depends on if it's a new model or old model trigger.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well to fit the boyds stock i have to put the new m60 trigger gaurd in so ill also put in a new style trigger in with the boyd's stock and keep the old trigger in my origonal stock, I just anted to make sure i can use the new parts with the old insides and put a bolt hold open on last shot in the old insides. From what I understand the m60 insides and the 75 insides are the same.

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.