Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine from work gave me a Mod. 75 for free cause it wasn't working for him,He said it "hid" bullets inside the action and they would suddenly pop out and into the chamber even after working the bolt several times ,I'm thinking a really dirty action and I told him I would clean it for him for free but he told me he just wanted me to take it off his hands so I guess I must have done a good deed somewhere and got rewarded!Any body own one of these rifles? I guess they were a promotional model almost the same as a Mod. 99MI.this one needsthe stock finished and a cleaning but the blueing is perfect.Shootrj2003

·
Registered
34 Posts
You may be right with the "dirty action" reasoning but I would suspect the inner magazine tube not feeding the rounds consistantly. May just be dirty but could have a weak spring or a dent in the tube that could cause the tube to not function properly. Good luck and hope you get the problem resolved.

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
marlin 75

Look at the feedthroat for wear and maybe a spring out of place.Check to see if the ejector is the updated one with a wire ejector and not the square molded to the feedthroat one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
marlin 75

Look at the feedthroat for wear and maybe a spring out of place.Check to see if the ejector is the updated one with a wire ejector and not the square molded to the feedthroat one.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there doesn't seem to be a lot of wear just a lot of crud that is gone now the blue was perfect so I just repaintd the aluminum with brownell's alumablack and refinished the wood .It looks like a brand new gun now and functions fairly reliably 'I think I'll ordr one of those magazine springs the two screws for the trigger guard and the updated ejector from Gunparts over in West hurley just for the heck of it.Thanks Shootrj2003

1 - 5 of 5 Posts