Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got off the phone with marlin rep reguarding the sbl I returned. my gun had two dovetails cut into barrel for mag tube,action that jambed,loose everything. marlin rep was very frank in explaining the current company problems and said that marlin is very concerned about quality and is now ramped up to the task . they have heard us loud and clear. my gun is being rebarreled,new carriier,detailed, and retested . I relize that talk is cheep and the proof will be in what I get back. I just wanted to let you guys know you if you have a marlin that has been thrown together that hope is not lost.
the marlin rep sounded very concerned and made me feel that I would get back the gun I paid for . will see folk's

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is good news. I wish you the best - nobody should have to go through this when they buy a new gun. Please let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Man I really hope they have heard us and start by fixing the crud they sent out and fix the internal problems to prevent Crud II, The Sequel from getting out here.

I am just afraid that they are playing the numbers game. They put out a crap load of rifles and hope that they only get a handful of complaints or returns. It is important to remember that many gun owners really do not know what an SBL, GBL, etc should look like. They see it on the rack and like it and purchase it.

Fingers crossed that I can find a good used 45-70CB that someone doesnt want a leg and a kidney for. The wife is really hoping that the 1894SBL will not be cobbled together...she likes the looks of that to go with her (used to be mine until she saw it on the table ;D) Ruger SP101

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, we will see . I'll post results when I get mine back. I think the 1894sbl in 44mag or 357 is really cool too . but will wait for now. dont think any one has them yet? will definitly do a closer inspection next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts