Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tag says 336 TEXAN but caliber is .44 Mag. I thought .44 only came in 1894 model . . . . . I did not think to llo at the barrel info but ccan do it if anyone is interested.

Marlin Cowboy (Ser # ABxxxxx) says it is a 1966 year made. It is on consignment at local shop here in North Carolina so I guess you could make an offer to the owner. I took pictures but I can say the metal looked very nice and the action like smooth as silk. Wood was clean and no major flaws. That is not dirty in the top picture of the left side - that is dark grain in the wood.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Golfbuddy45 said:
Tag says 336 TEXAN but caliber is .44 Mag. I thought .44 only came in 1894 model . . . . . I did not think to llo at the barrel info but ccan do it if anyone is interested.

Marlin Cowboy (Ser # ABxxxxx) says it is a 1966 year made. It is on consignment at local shop here in North Carolina so I guess you could make an offer to the owner. I took pictures but I can say the metal looked very nice and the action like smooth as silk. Wood was clean and no major flaws. That is not dirty in the top picture of the left side - that is dark grain in the wood.
[edited] I believe some 336's were made in 44 mag about the mid 60's. That predates the modern 1894.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
The 336 in 44 was one reason the Marlin brought back the Model 1894.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts