Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what I got! A early 1960's Marlin dealer counter display. Picked it up from a gun shop this afternoon. Owner said it was sitting in his back room for over 40 years!

·
Registered
688 Posts
This sort of thing takes me back to every gun shop to which I was ever able to drag my dad.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Good find!! It's always cool to come across something like that! It will really set off one of your display tables someday. SW

·
Registered
272 Posts
Aw,come on mm93 where are the older than 336 ads??
By the way I have found a real early Marlin reloaders tool in 44-40 that if possible I am going to buy. I finally found a SSA Colt marked " Colt Frontier Six Shooter" to match my New Model #3 S&W 44-40 Frontier and can envision the pair in a box with the Marlin tong tool like the one I have with the Schofield S&W in 45 S&W. SEE what I mean....
Really like your new placcard regardless that it is of a 336.Hard to find them in that condition. Always looking,never finding.modoc
Dang it can't figure out how to get the image to add.HELP...........
Don't have a url HELP

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Modoc,
I wish they made counter displays back in the days of the early Marlins! I do have a number of very early Marlin ads, but back then they were B&W, and rarely a full page. The earliest ad I have that is full page, and color, is the picture from the late 1920's catalog, with the old man and the boy sitting by the fireplace.
Heck, I've even got a double full page ad from the 1930's for a Marlin Bicycle! I'd like to find one of those bikes too!
As for your posting dilema. Click on the box above (while posting a reply) that reads "Img" then insert the URL of your site where the picture is, and hit "Img" again. That's all there is to it. I generally go to the picture I want, then right click the address, it highlights, then left click "edit" and "copy". Come to the site, and paste it between
and post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts