Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know, every year members of the Marlin Firearms Collectors Association pick a gun show at which to hold their annual meeting. This year's show is the Missouri Valley Collectors show in Kansas City, MO, and is being held this weekend (7/29-7/31). Various members will have display tables, displaying a wide range of Marlin collectibles. You'll probably see Marlin items you will never otherwise have a chance to see. Hope to see you there.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Yes, every year they pick a different place to have their annual show, but half the time it's Kansas City, Mo. Wonder why that show gets picked about every time the show goes that direction?
Seems like it's KC, Kentucky, Denver. It's a rare event for them to go anywhere else but those three places.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Val-

I'm not sure. I know that I've heard them say that they try to go west (Denver), Central (KC), and East (Kentucky). Denver, isn't as far west as Kentucky is east. So, the bias seems to be towards the east. I'm sure that they are concerned that if they go too far west, they may not have the representation at the show that they would like. Regardless, I will express your concern to them at the meeting.

·
Banned
398 Posts
I am at the gun show in KC this weekend with a display of my Marlins. There is a lot beautiful displays with keen competition. I bought a straight grip deluxe 32-40
Friday nite. Fancy wood inthebuttstock & "B" checking. The main reason why The
Marlin collectors ass'n stays away from the east gun shows is because of the gun
laws. New Jersey for one is very prohibitive. The shows in KC & Denver are much
more cordial to the collectors.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
KC has laws that are "cordial" to gun buyers, but Colorado laws don't allow for sales of firearms to non residents, unless they are antiques. Extremely restrictive gun laws in Co., but not quite as bad as some Eastern cities.
I have to laugh when they say Denver is "West". I've had discussions with some of the hgiher ups in the organization, and reminded them that Denver is still east of the Rockies, and we consider that midwest out here on the coast.
I gave up on trying to get the MFCA to attend a show in Reno, which is west and gun friendly. Many other gun collectors meet there with great attendance. Over half the MFCA was west of the Mississippi, and of that portion most were west of the Rockies when I checked many years ago.
Don't worry about me though; I dropped my membership due to lack of representation out west years ago, so I'm no longer a member anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts